Film Terminology

Colour reversal film - commonly called slide film.  Slide film works the opposite of print film (ie. negatives).  Most films are also this type.  Today most of these films use either the E6 or K14 development process. Colour negative film - Some Super 16mm and 16mm films being shoot by film schools are developed as colour negatives.  These appear as photographic type of the colours are reversed.