Overview Why use an external monitor in Vegas? An external broadcast monitor will provide an image of what the customer is going to see....especially the colours. The LCD monitors are not great with colour correction.
- Connect the Canopus ADVC 100 (or 300) via firewire to the editing system (Flag or Apollo). Theoretically we should be able to connect two PC systems as the Canopus has two firewire connections. The Canopus has a built in priority system and will select which input to use if multiple inputs are available.
- Take a S-Video to S-Video cable and plug one end into the Canopus video OUTPUT.
- The other end of the S-Video cable plugs into the back of the monitor.
- Switch on the monitor and let it warm up for a couple of minutes.
- Turn on the Canopus. Make sure it is switched to Digital input (hold done the top button to switch).
- You can hold the Canopus input selector down for 3 seconds and it will display color bars.
- If the monitor needs color bars....check out the article on it.
- In Vegas......set options/preferences/preview device to OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 DV
- Click the "external preview monitor" button in the preview window to send the signal to the external monitor.